Welcome to the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice.
The mission of the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice is to provide students with a comprehensive education that skillfully integrates theory and application into a holistic and interdisciplinary course of study that prepares students for graduate and law school, and a host of wide-ranging career opportunities within government, non-governmental organizations, non-profit organizations, the private sector, and a wide array of social, philanthropic, and public service agencies both domestically and internationally.
As a student, you'll have the benefit of a diverse and interdisciplinary faculty with a broad range of experiences and specializations. Some of these include criminologists, criminalists, political scientists, forensic psychologists, counselors, judges, prosecutors, public defenders, federal agents, ambassadors and diplomats, and a wide variety of practicing professionals from local, state, federal, and international agencies.
Our students are encouraged to pursue internships. Examples of internships experienced by students have been with:
- U.S. Attorney
- U.S. Customs
- U.S. Secret Service
- U.S. Probation
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- U.S. Postal Inspectors
- New Jersey Office of Public Defender
- New Jersey Parole Board
- New Jersey Prosecutor’s Office (numerous)
- New Jersey State Police
- New Jersey State Police Forensics Laboratory
- New Jersey State Senators
- New Jersey Department of Corrections
- New Jersey Juvenile Justice Commission
- New Jersey Office of Victim Witness Units
- New York Police Department
- New York Superior Courts
- Forensic Psychologists
- Essex County Legal Services
- Morris County Department of Social Services
Explore the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice.